Sunday, March 13, 2011

Secret agents, Yoga, and Steve Zissou

These are not the disguises that come to mind when I think "secret agent"... but who am I to get in the way with a child's imagination?

A young Steve Zissou, M, and my other brother Larry
Secret Agent Nico... ???  I don't know either.
The new fad in parenting is Child-Directed Parenting, I'm usually quite skeptical of this style of parenting as I like to tell them what to do, because for the most part I believe the way I do things is the right way of doing things. This all goes out the window when friends are over and a bottle of wine is opened. Yes, parental supervision is still there, I just care less about what game they are playing and what type of mess they are making once the wine is poured.

This night did give me some added trust in this style of parenting. After allowing them to choose their own fun, helmets and yoga became a huge part of the night. Isn't this what we all want? The epileptic is wearing a hockey helmet while standing on the top bunk and the night ended with a ABC Yoga video.

Brilliant.

Swimwear Yoga
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment